Pilates Conservatory®: A Comprehensive Pilates Teacher Training Mentor Program. Pilates Conservatory® includes of the syllabus of Mat, and equipment. The Pilates Conservatory® provides a Certificate of Comprehensive Study or serves as continuing education for all teachers of any lineage.
PMA CEC WORKSHOPS: Pilates Conservatory offers workshops for teachers and students who would like continuing education or mentorship.
MENTORSHIP PROGRAM ONLY: Student participation in a concentrated study of the entire Pilates Mat and equipment apparatus. Program content is the same, but the course of study is individualized for each participant.
Why study at Pilates Conservatory®?
- Master Movement Educator – PMA Certified Pilates Teacher™
- Mentorship has proven the best quality education
- Practical work on the equipment including all exercises on all equipment
- Competitive price based on a month by month plan – flexible with your schedule
- Preparation for PMA Exam
- No hidden fees – testing included in tuition
- Franklin Method Workshops are required and provided for a fee
- Unit 1: Fundamentals, Mat, Reformer
- Unit 2: Cadillac, East Coast Spine Corrector, West Coast Spine Corrector
- Unit 3: Wunda Chair, Ped-o-Pull
- Unit 4: Guillotine, Stretch Out Strap®, Comprehensive Testing
|Course Description and Hours|
|Lecture||Workshops and Private sessions||160 hours|
|Self Study||10 hours per week – 4 months||160 hours|
|Apprenticeship||Student Teaching with a mentor
Includes group classes and privates on equipment and mat
|Observation||5 hours per week – 2 months||40 hours|
|Assisting||5 hours per week – 2 months||40 hours|
|Casework||30 hours – 2 clients||60 hours|
|Franklin Method||Workshops are not Pilates Conservatory Syllabus, but are required
Workshops are scheduled at Pat Guyton Pilates, Inc
Workshops with a PMA Certified Pilates Teacher™ will count as observation hours.
Please provide one of the following:
- PMA Certified Pilates Teacher™ Certificate
- Comprehensive Program Certificate from a recognized Teacher Training Program
- 200 hours of private and class instruction documented by a PMA Certified Pilates Teacher™ including all mat and equipment work.
Recommended Additional Education and Reading
- Pilates, Joseph H., Return to Life
- Pilates, Joseph H., Your Health
- Pilates Method Alliance, The PMA Pilates Certification Exam Study Guide
- Franklin, Eric, Dynamic Alignment Through Imagery
- Franklin, Eric, Pelvic Power
- Franklin, Eric, Relax Your Neck Liberate Your Shoulders
For information regarding mentorship, contact us.
Pat is a true mentor. A weekend with Pat is always filled with exciting discovery. She is a generous and creative teacher who will go to great lengths to help everyone understand, often resulting in a good laugh! Pat brings a depth to the material. When I return to my studio, I always find my teaching changed, enhanced, and inspired.